Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Power of the Whole Child


I love this video…Teachers get the Kleenex ready; this is a real tear jerker. This video shows the power a child has when they are free to used their interests and passion to create. This type of learning just comes natural. As a teacher, I'm striving to teacher my children in this fashion. This is the future of teaching; allowing children to be themselves use their gifts and knowledge to create new and innovative ideas and ways to express themselves. We focus on "teaching" so much that we forget all the valuable lesson we have learned from just exploring the world around us. Play is such a critical part of learning it is a shame that it is not widely appreciated in the educational community. Please watch and become inspired and see how many academic domain or common core standards are visual through this documentary.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the video. At first I was sad because he had no customers and none of his friends believed he has his arcade. He inspire me to work harder toward my master. Thanks for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank you for your great insight. I have enjoyed reading your posting. I believe your students are very luck to have you as a teacher. I wish you much success and I hope to see you when we earn our Masters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really enjoyed your thoughtful posts and wish you the best of luck in your studies and future endeavors!
    ~M.Bussey

    ReplyDelete