Saturday, July 19, 2014

Getting To Know Your International Contact

During my current class, Issues and Trends in Early Childhood, we have be asked to build our professional resource list by getting in contact with an Early Childhood professional in another country. In my last post, I talked about my interest in learning me information about the state of early childhood development and education in Africa. I emailed several people about helping me to establish communication with someone in the early childhood education field but I was not able to make a connection. However recently, I remembered that my brother in-law taught in Morocco and has experience teaching in different parts of the world. I wanted to make sure I was able to someone directly because I think that it would be valuable for me to have deeper understand through someone who has experienced it first hand. I contacted him and he is excited to share his experience with me.

My brother in-law is Unchenna Ezibe a graduate from Bowdin University. He has been teaching for several years know and had dedicated his career in advancing the educational experience for African American students in Washington, DC. Previously, he taught in Morocco last summer and will be teaching in France this up coming school year. I believe that he will be able to provide me with some information about issues and trends in early childhood education in Morocco which is located in Africa. I spoke to him and explained what I needed to do for this course and some of the topics we will be covering as apart of our conversations. He told me that he would love to help me out and can provide a lot of information on the state of early childhood development in Morocco. He went out of town this week but when he comes back we schedule to set down and discuss some of the current issues he faced while teaching there. I'm so excited to hear about his experiences and discover some new and exciting information about state of early childhood development in another country.

No comments:

Post a Comment