Saturday, September 13, 2014

Your Personal Research Journey

The topic that I have chosen for the simulation is toxic stress effect on the architecture of the brain during prenatal development. I chose this topic because of my fascination with the ability of the brain and how the brain is developed. In my childhood development class, I learned a lot about the importance of prenatal development and its link to future learning. I became passionate about learning about what types of things shape the brain like experiences, stress, relationships, and so much more. I learned about the dangers of toxic stress and how it can cause the actual structure of the brain to change. I want to find all the research on this topic so that I can fully understand to extend of the effects of toxic stress on the brain and it structure. 

Using the research chart and other tools has been really helpful to me because it has helped me to navigate through all the research that is out there and if the most creditable sources on the web. One of piece of useful information I can provide is to look at studies and research done by major universities. I have found valuable and meaningful research from these organization. Another, thing I found helpful was youtube because there are tons of videos and documents that showcase research information. Please ensure you search properly to make sure that the information you are watching is creditable. If you have any helpful tips of insight please feel free to share.

Here is a sample of a great video on youtube that provide great research based information.

1 comment:

  1. The field of early childhood is so amazing and vast because of these interdisciplinary links. Neurobiology helps us better understand how the brain develops during childhood. Toxic stress happens all too often and it is important to be able to identify the causes so that they may be prevented and or lessened so that effects are not so traumatic. What an important topic and I look forward to reading more about it in your findings.

    ReplyDelete