Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Competent Communicator

This week's blog assignment challenged me to think of someone who demonstrates competent communication within a particular context. I was also asked to explain the behaviors that this person exhibit that make them effective and what I want to model in my own communication style. I selected President Barack Obama because he is known for his effective communication skills and the ability to speak elegantly. I admire the President because he is able to provoke passion, hope, and determination in other and I would like to be just as powerful in my fight to help young children and their families receive equity in early childhood education. I will be able to transcend messages of equality, justice, and fairness to other childhood professionals in the hopes that it inspires them in their work with young children. I would also use this platform to encourages businesses and organizations to invest in early childhood education as away to yield profitable gains in the future through providing fundamental needs of young children. My hope is to process the ability to calmly, confidently, and eloquently address large crowds of people just like Present Obama does with ease. Below is a link that look closer at the effective communication skills the President uses to be a competent communicator. 


2 comments:

  1. Hello Ly’chel,
    I almost used Obama as an example! Although I am not a big fan of politics or politicians in general, he is an excellent orator. He speaks clearly and articulately and makes it easy to listen to him. I enjoyed the video you provided and think it gives great info. Great choice!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that President Obama is an excellent communicator. He always seems so calm and his gestures and eye contact add to his purposeful tone. It takes a lot of elements coming together to create effective means of communication.

    ReplyDelete