Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Time Well Spent

Wow, 18 month can really fly by! I would not have been able to imagine that I would have been able to attend an online university and felt this connected with others. My journey through this experience has been life changing. My evolution as an individual is due to my educational experiences here at Walden University. I have established a new mindset, one that is open to the ideas and perspective of others, self-reflective, to continuously learn, and become a leader of social change to impact the greater good of society. 

I thank my colleague who have supported me along the way and have helped guide my thinking through discussion post and blog comments. I am honored to have worked alongside talented individuals who motivated me, encouraged me, and inspired me to get out of my own way and succeed. I am so proud of all of you and I can't wait to see the amazing things you will do in the future.

I would also like to thank Dr. Dratt your guidance was amazing! I did not think that I would be able to complete my Capstone but you were able to walk me through the process and keep me on track. Thank you for providing us with opportunities to think beyond our current situation, look a vast job opportunities with in the field of early childhood, and providing meaningful feedback to promote growth. I have grown because of you and all the amazing professors a Walden. 

Now, I will begin a new chapter in my educational career earning a doctoral degree in Early Childhood Education. I know that road of head of me is not easy but I have gained abilities, resources, and tools through my experience in this program that will support me through the next chapter. I have a new self-confidence that was established here a Walden University.


Before we leave I would like to share the video that I watch to help me remember why I do my job and lifts me up when my work overwhelms me and seems to difficult to handle. 


Be inspired, Be encourage, Be connected, Be present, and Be an innovator of social change!
Please keep in touch.
 Ly'chel Baker: lychele.carmichael@pgcps.org

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lychel, it is lucky to have you as my colleagues in several courses. You have been giving me very insightful ideas and encouraging me a lot in this journey. I have learned a lot from your posts and comments and also look forward to working and collaborating with you some day if possible! Please keep in touch and I am sure I can learn more from you. My personal email is karolchen2012@gmail.com. Thank you.

    Xiaowan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for finishing Ly’chel! Wow, you are going to go on to earn your doctorate? That’s a great goal to set, and I wish you the best as you pursue it. I know this road has been a tough one, and I am glad that we went through it together. Thank you for all your support through this. I wish you the best in the future! ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ly'chel,
    Congratulations on finishing the program! Thank you for sharing that wonderful video. It is a great reminder of why we do what we do. I wish you all the best as you continue on in your educational pursuits with your doctoral program. Take care.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete