Sunday, March 1, 2015

Best Wishes

During the past year, we as a collaborative have grown so much and now that is time for us to venture off the thought of departing is bitter sweet. When I first started I was scared that I would be able to form deep lasting relationships with anyone because everything was online and that I needed to be able to see and hear people to feel connected to them. Today, look back a year ago I know that my fear was wrong and that I was able to establish relationship with other in a positive manner that was critical to my personal and professional development.

As we move on, I want to share how deeply each one of you has enhanced my educational experience, my personal reflection, and my professional well-being. Thank you for being open and honest, providing deep understand of analysis of deep concepts, giving me great feedback, and encouraging me to dig deeper into my own understanding. I wish you all the best in you future educational, personal, and professional paths. Maybe one day our paths will cross and we will be able to, once again, support each other in the fight for equity in the early childhood profession. I can't wait until we all graduate and walk across that stage and that is when we will truly understand what we just went through.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ly’chel,
    I’m glad to hear that you are also on the teaching adults track! I am excited to get closer to the end of this journey, and I’m so glad to be moving into these new courses with friends. I felt the same as you when I first started here. I thought that online learning would mean that I would not build any relationships. I now feel that I got to know my classmates more than I might have in a traditional classroom. I have valued your input in our classes and have learned a lot from you. Thank you so much for all of your insight! So you plan on going to the graduation ceremony? I wasn’t sure if I would be able to do that, but if others I know are going to be there, I definitely will try. I will see you in the discussion area in a few days!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ly'chel, thank you for sharing your experiences and insights. You always answered the discussions and blogs in such a complete way that if I was ever not sure about something I would check your posts for clarification. Keep up the great work and I wish you the best in every aspect of your life. Take care!

    ReplyDelete