Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Supports

My primary support system is my family it includes: my husband, mom, dad, siblings, and my sister in-law who is also an educator in their field of education. My parents have always provided me with the emotional and physical needs to succeed in what ever I wanted to accomplish. My husband helps me in every aspect of my life and is influential in my career. He helps to set up my classroom, find material I may need, run out to the store last minute just to pick up some supplies for the next lesson, or help me develop fun and engaging lesson plans. My siblings are always they’re helping with special programs and events I might put on. My sister in-law is an essential part of my life she because we both share the passion of young children, we constantly support each other in our classrooms, with lessons, and curriculum. She helps me find materials and resources to promote best practices in my classroom. She is also the one who introduced me to Walden University. I'm not sure how I would make it with out them because that help to make my dreams come true, they push me until I succeed, and provide me with the tools I need to be successful.

At work, I use a variety of support systems to help me accomplish everyday goals. Some of the people who provide support are my principal, vice principal, teacher's aide, and colleagues. At my school we all support each other by collaborating and bring our expertise to the table. I can ask for advice or seek help from anyone of they with the fear of rejection. We have a community of educators who common focus are the children and how to best meet their needs. At times, this cause for us to collaborate and work together to figure how to accommodate each child's unique qualities. If I did not have this support I was not be able to be an effective teacher. The quality of the care and education I provide would not be satisfactory without the support of others with diverse background, education, and experiences. 

I can imagine of I had a life altering disability like the loss of a limb. I can understand how difficult simple task might become. I know my parents would have provided with what I might need to ensure I was able to function to the best of my ability. They would also be a big factor in providing emotional support helping me to understand and except my situation. My husband would provide daily support helping me complete any task at hand. In fact, I'm not sure how much will change. Knowing my family, friends, and colleagues I know that they would support me regardless of a disability. Without them would be the problem, it would be the hardest thing for me to do. I'm not sure if I would be able to accomplish my dreams without them. My support system is very important to me and without them and not sure where I would be?  

1 comment:

  1. Ly'chel, it sounds like you have quite the positive support system. It must be the great motivation to have such an immense amount of love and support.

    When you said "The quality of the care and education I provide would not be satisfactory without the support of others with diverse background, education, and experiences," it just reaffirmed my beliefs on the importance of culture and diversity in our education system. I really enjoyed reading about your challenge and exactly what support you would need. Great post!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete